Germany job seeker visa (long or short term) is a temporary residence permit that allows you to stay in Germany and search for a job. Through the Job Seeker visa, Germany intends to attract highly educated skilled immigrants who are able to meet the requirements of the country’s skill shortage.The job seeker visa is valid for a period of 6 months. If the applicant is successful in finding a job then they are granted with Germany’s work permit else the immigrant is requested to return to his own country.
Permanent Residence Scheme
As per the new German Immigration Act, which was set in motion on 1 January 2005, highly skilled immigrants can be granted Permanent German: Work and Residence Permit as soon as they submit an application (initially it was written – at the beginning only). In order to acquire German residence and work permit, the applicants are supposed to report at the German Consulate or German Embassy in their home country. Highly professional immigrants only need a prior job offer from a German employer and permission is granted by the German Employment Agency.
During their stay as visitors in Germany, citizens belonging to the countries of Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland and the United States can apply and obtain residence and work permit. Citizens of mentioned countries cannot work in Germany till they acquire both residence and work permit.
Qualifications or Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining Permanent Residence Permit are as follows:
(Both the employee and the German company must meet the following requirements)
- The immigrant must be hired on equal terms as a German employee by his German employer.
- It should be ensured beforehand that no German or other European citizen is available to fill the vacancy in question.
- The immigrant should have authentic and relevant university graduation or comparable qualification.
- The German company must be appropriately registered with the Labor Authorities in Germany.
Under the new German Immigration Act, the immigrant has to go through the following levels of procedure:
Level 1: The application for the residence permit is submitted by the applicant to the German Embassy in his home town. This application is then received by the German authorities via the embassy. This provides him with an entry into the labour market of Germany.
Level 2: For initial approval, the application is passed on to the immigration office and at the place of the job (Foreigners Authority Berlin) by the Embassy. Then the immigration office and the local employment office (the Arbeitsamt) decide whether to approve or disapprove the application.
Level 3: The Embassy grants an entry visa to the applicant whose application has been approved.
Level 4: After reaching Germany, the immigrant and his family members must apply and obtain work and residence permits from the Local Foreigners Authority of Germany.
Features of Job Seeker Visa
- Temporary residence permit or job search permit for 6 months.
- If the immigrant gets a job in 6 months, then he can apply for a German work visa.
- If the immigrant is unable to find a job, he is required to return to the country of his origin.
Eligibility criteria for the Job Seeker Visa
- The immigrant must have minimum 15 years of STEM education (Science, Engineering, Technical or Mathematics)
- The immigrant must have a minimum of 3 years of work experience relevant to their educational background.
Documents & Funds Required
- Valid passport with a validity of at least 12 months
- Motivation letter outlining the details like the purpose of seeking a job in Germany, plan of action to get a job, the time required to secure a job etc. The letter should have the next career plans if job search in Germany is unsuccessful.
- Documents to prove your educational qualifications
- A CV with educational and employment details
- Proof of accommodation in Germany
- Proof of sufficient funds to sustain the stay
- Medical and health insurance
- Minimum 3.5 lakhs in liquid cash
- Referral Letter
- Proof of personal status in India (marriage, birth certificate etc)
Visa Fee & Processing Time
Visa Fee is 4200 INR
An additional amount of INR 20,000 will be charged for verification of your Indian origin documents Visa processing time maybe 3 months or more.
Disclaimer: Visa fee is subjected to change without prior notice. Please confirm before submitting your application
Germany Embassy has a mandatory visa interview for every Germany job seeker visa applicant.
Our Process Flow
- Sign up with Us
- You will be allocated to a case immigration officer who will guide you through the required documents & processes.
- Case immigration officer will assist you in filling your visa application forms and maintaining a track of your other documents.
- We would book your visa interview date (if required).
- We would proofread your required documents that need to be submitted at the visa office.
- Guidance on travelling and job search in Germany will be provided by us.
Our Fees, Costs & Refund Policy
Visum Outsourcing has a very competitive service fee, which is the best in the industry. At any given time, our state-of-the-art processing centre is processing over 1000 active cases from across the world. Your visa application is processed by one of the best and most experienced hands.
The prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee the lowest and the most reasonable price for our services.
- We offer advice and guidance for the best possible documentation. We assist and guide you at each step until you get your visa.
- Visa documentation
- Providing stage-wise document checklists and assisting with the requisites and the alternatives upon receiving the signed service agreement copy
- Providing document samples and assisting you with inputs wherever necessary
- Documentation service differs from country to country. Please refer your Service Agreement for further details.
Disclaimer: Visa fee is subjected to change without prior notice. Candidates are suggested to confirm the fees before submission of the application.